Eight innovations, products and services were presented, corresponding to four familiar areas:
- Ultra-fast mobile broadband. Following Marseille, which has had coverage since June 2012, 4G is coming to Lyon, Lille and Nantes. The first 4G offering will be marketed from 22 November for corporate customers and from February 2013 for consumers. These new packages will allow ultra-fast broadband access (60% of the French population covered at the end of 2012) with speeds up to 3 times faster than 3G+, as well as 4G access (for these four cities), with speeds up to 10 times faster than 3G+.
- Fibre speeds of up to 200 Mb/s for all eligible customers, together with the new Livebox Play from February 2013.
"my home life"
- The new Livebox Play range, which, through its power and ergonomics, delivers an enhanced surfing and entertainment experience and can be previewed on the liveboxplay.orange.fr website. Preregistration will open on 22 November and will allow customers who want it to enjoy preferential terms when it comes out in February 2013.
- Orange Cloud, a secure digital storage area, offers up to 50 GB for each user and up to 100 GB for fibre customers with a Livebox Play and for 4G mobile customers from February 2013. Communication to the Orange Cloud is not deducted from the user's data package.
- With Orange, NFC is becoming commonplace in France, with more than 20 compatible mobile phones available in Orange shops and as a result of partnerships signed with the major banks in France.
- joyn (RCS – Rich Communication Suite), the new communication standard for enhanced uses (video, sharing, chat, etc.), already deployed in Spain and to be launched from 2013 in Belgium, Poland, Romania, Slovakia and of course in France.
- LibOn, an application enabling users to make high-definition phone calls, chat, and create personalised welcome messages from a single, highly intuitive application. Available now for iOS, this free application will be launched at the beginning of 2013 onAndroid.
- A partnership with Facebook, to introduce more communication tools into social networks, with a first public teleconference service coming in summer 2013.
"hello!, les innovations font leur show" (hello!, innovations on show) was developed in collaboration with Havas Group. This event is backed up by large-scale digital activity that includes:
• live retransmission of Stéphane Richard’s presentation on Dailymotion, followed by a 90-minute programme featuring distinguished experts and guests, broadcasted from a platform located at the centre of the reconstructed city;
• hello.orange.com, which includes educational videos and a presentation of around 20 innovations within four areas;
• an internal digital platform aimed at Orange’s 100,000 employees in France;
• use of orange.fr, lecollectif.orange.fr, orange.com, orangebusiness.com/fr websites as well as the Orange France Facebook page to relay information and content;
• plus Twitter via @orange and #LeShowHello aimed at sharing information and demonstrations from the event
note for editors:
• replays (full and summary versions) of Stéphane Richard’s presentation and the broadcast are available on hello.orange.com and for television on SERTE (info available on request);
• photos of the event are available in high definition on Flickr http://flic.kr/s/aHsjCS3HTh.
note for editors
- replays (full and summary versions) of Stéphane Richard’s presentation and the broadcast are available on hello.orange.com and for television on SERTE (info available on request);
- photos of the event are available in high definition on Flickr
press release 84 kB
France Telecom-Orange is one of the world’s leading telecommunications operators with sales of 45.3 billion euros for 2011 and has 170,000 employees worldwide at 30 September 2012, including 105,000 employees in France. Present in 33 countries, the Group has a total customer base of 227 million customers at 30 September 2012, including 169 million mobile customers and 15 million broadband internet (ADSL, fibre) customers worldwide. Orange is one of the main European operators for mobile and broadband internet services and, under the brand Orange Business Services, is one of the world leaders in providing telecommunication services to multinational companies.
With its industrial project, "conquests 2015", Orange is simultaneously addressing its employees, customers and shareholders, as well as the society in which the company operates, through a concrete set of action plans. These commitments are expressed through a new vision of human resources for employees; through the deployment of a network infrastructure upon which the Group will build its future growth; through the Group's ambition to offer a superior customer experience thanks in particular to improved quality of service; and through the acceleration of international development.
France Telecom (NYSE:FTE) is listed on NYSE Euronext Paris (compartment A) and on the New York Stock Exchange.
For more information (on the internet and on your mobile): www.orange.com, www.orange-business.com, www.orange-innovation.tv or to follow us on Twitter: @presseorange.
Orange and any other Orange product or service names included in this material are trade marks of Orange Brand Services Limited, Orange France or France Telecom.