Today Orange is announcing 4G coverage over the entire city of Paris.
Orange is now offering 4G coverage for all of Paris and 37 other towns in the Paris area. By end September, Orange 4G will cover 70 “agglomerations” including over 500 towns in mainland France.
With the www.quialameilleure4g.com (“who has the best 4G ?” in French) site, you can check if your address has Orange 4G coverage. The site also provides a list of 4G towns (nearly 4.8 million visits since launch).
250,000 customers are already using Orange 4G. 4G brings them a new type of experience and increases usage by 50 %(2). A survey of our 4G customers found that 9 out of 10 would recommend it to their friends (3).
55 % of French people see Orange as the operator best placed to provide 4G service. (Source: TNS Survey carried out for Orange in August 2013 with 1007 respondents).
Orange is speeding up the roll-out of its 4G network in order to meet the expectations of its customers and will cover 40 % of the population by end 2013. This roll-out complements the Orange H+ network, which already covers 70 % of the French population.
With a 4G frequency band ranging from 20 MHz to 2.6 GHz, Orange is the only operator currently able to offer maximum theoretical speeds of 150 Mb/s.
By end September, Orange will be offering five devices compatible with these speeds: Huawei Ascend P2, Sony Xperia Z1, Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and Sony Xperia Z Ultra smart phones, as well as the Huawei E5776 Domino. When they choose Orange 4G, customers can enjoy the maximum speeds offered by their smart phone.
Since April 2013, Orange has been offering more content than any other operator via the Origami and Open 4G/H+ packages:
Orange is maintaining its special welcome offer by allowing customers who subscribe to the Origami Play package before 31 December 2013 to benefit from 4G for just € 1 more per month instead of € 10 for upgrading from a 3G+ version to a 4G/H+ version. They will be able to enjoy Origami Play 4G/H+ from € 30.99 per month (8). Access to 4G/H+ is systematically included in all the Origami Jet, Open Play and Open Jet packages, as well as in the Let’s Go 5 and 10 offers.
Since 22 August, Orange has been making it easier for the general public to acquire a 4G/H+ compatible device by offering trade-ins worth up to € 400 for old mobiles and tablets, depending on the model and condition. From 12 September, the first 100,000 owners (9) to trade in their mobiles on the “Orange Trade-in Days” will receive a rebate of at least € 10.
Orange business and enterprise customers can also choose from the wide range of Orange Business Services, which includes 4G packages to meet their various needs. These are available on www.orange-business.com/fr/4G.
By year end, half of the smart phones sold by Orange will be 4G enabled. Customers will also be able to make the most of the full potential of 4G with easier browsing.
Orange customers can already choose from a wide range of 4G/H+ compatible smart phones from € 1 upwards with the Origami Play 2Go 4G/H+ package (with a minimum contractual period of 24 months), as 4G/H+ tablets or a Domino. The following are now available:
Samsung Galaxy Note 10” 4G tablet
Domino 4G/H+ (Huawei E5776)*
4G Huawei E3276 key (enterprise market)
And by end September:
* Maximum theoretical speed of 150 Mb/s
(1) Maximum theoretical speed with a category 4 LTE device.
(2) Average usage observed among Orange 4G users since the launch of the 4G network for the general public in April 2013.
(3) A Satisfaction Survey conducted by telephone in July 2013 by TNS Sofres with 300 Orange 4G users.
(4) Storage space accessible using your mobile, tablet or computer provided that you have an internet or internet mobile connection.
(5) Service accessible using devices compatible with the application (download deducted from the package). Special conditions and list of compatible mobiles on orange.fr excluding the Let’s Go offer.
(6) Subscription to option at € 5 / month or Ligue 1 pass at € 3 required thereafter. Providing that the latest version of the application is downloaded (cost of connection dependent on package).
(7) Service available after activation; see conditions on the service24.orange.fr site.
(8) With a minimum contractual period of 12 months for your mobile. Offer valid from 4/04/2013 to 31/12/2013 for all subscriptions to Origami Play 2Go.
(9) Orange Trade-in Offer valid in mainland France in all participating Orange stores to eligible mobile owners and limited to 5 mobiles per customer per 12 months. After evaluation of the model and its condition, immediate rebate at the till or in the form of a voucher valid for 2 months only in the issuing store for products, accessories and services paid for in-store. Voucher to be used once only and is not reimbursable.
Orange is one of the world’s leading telecommunications operators with sales of 43.5 billion euros in 2012 and has 166,000 employees worldwide at 30 September 2013, including 102,000 employees in France. Present in 32 countries, the Group has a total customer base of more than 232 million customers at 30 September 2013, including 175 million mobile customers and 15 million fixed broadband customers worldwide. Orange is also a leading provider of global IT and telecommunication services to multinational companies, under the brand Orange Business Services.
Orange is listed on the NYSE Euronext Paris (symbol ORA) and on the New York Stock Exchange (symbol ORAN).
For more information: www.orange.com, www.orange-business.com and on Twitter: @orange, @presseorange, @orangebusiness.
Orange and any other Orange product or service names included in this material are trade marks of Orange Brand Services Limited.