Orange Bank: mobile banking services for everyone
Consumers’ expectations of their banks are changing. They aim to offer simple, ergonomic mobile services that are accessible 24/7. With Orange Bank, Orange is making its mobile expertise available to all French consumers by offering them quick, easy and comprehensive banking services.
Banking and telecommunication needs coming together
85% of today’s banking interactions are done through a smartphone.
Smartphones are being increasingly used to access banking services, and more and more consumers are also turning to online banking.
This change in consumption patterns gives us a great starting point in the banking services market. We are also considered a trustworthy partner and we benefit from a close relationship with our customers – two characteristics that people frequently cite as part of their decision-making process for a bank.
The regulatory climate has also changed recently: a law passed by French President Macron in February simplifies the steps required to change banks. This was the ideal opportunity to provide current or future Orange customers with offers that will make their lives easier!
In 2017, Orange is therefore becoming a banking operator after launching its Orange Bank offer across France, and has announced its subsequent launch in Spain and Belgium.
Orange’s mobile expertise on hand for Orange Bank
Orange has developed quick and easy mobile banking services, which are simple, transparent. An interactive virtual adviser answers customers' questions 24/7 .
Orange bank is adopting a “phygital” approach that is both physical and digital and which, at the launch of this offer, is drawing on:
- Almost 900 Orange advisors trained and certified IOBSP (Intermediary in Banking operations and Payment Services),
- 144 Orange stores with a new dedicated area for opening a bank account.
Groupama, a key partner for Orange Bank
Orange has developed Orange Bank in partnership with Groupama. With strong banking assets, particularly in mobile banking, Groupama and Orange share both a vision and a common strategy. This partnership enables Orange’s offer to leverage the distribution network of 3,700 Groupama and Gan agencies and their 7 million customers in France in 2016.
A complete banking package
Orange Bank offers its customers innovative banking services which are designed for mobiles and without any income criteria, including:
- payments made with a card or mobile, as specified by the customer (1),
- a service for sending money by SMS (2),
- a mobile application that can be downloaded on an Android or iOS smartphone (3), which lets you know your account balance in real time (4),
- the option to block or unblock your bank card from your mobile application (5),
- the option to save money in a savings account.
Soon, it will also be possible to subscribe to credit services.
Orange Bank – SA with capital of €297,575,712 – 67, rue Robespierre – 93107 Montreuil Cedex – RCS Bobigny 572 043800 – Orias No. 07 006 369 (www.orias.fr). Orange may market the products and services of Orange Bank as an exclusive agent for banking operations and payment services. Orange – SA with capital of €10,640,226,396 – 78, rue Oliver de Serres – 75015 Paris – RCS Paris 380 129 866 – Orias No. 13 001 387.
(1) Mobile payment, subject to conditions, requiring the download of the Orange Bank application is only available on Android and iOS devices and is reserved for holders of a “New Orange Bank offer” account with a compatible device (Android 5 with an NFC SIM card and Orange mobile subscription, or iPhone 6 or higher with iOS 9 or higher and an iCloud account). The service is issued and operated in France by Wirecard Bank AG (Einsteinring 35, 85609 Aschheim, Germany – registration n° HRB 161178) on the Visa network, in partnership with Orange Bank and under Visa licence (trademark of Visa Inc.). Android is a trademark of Google Inc. iOS, Apple, Apple Pay, Apple Wallet, App Store, iCloud, iOS, iPhone and Touch ID are trademarks of Apple Inc. Visa card issued conditionally by Orange Bank. See full terms and conditions on the Orange Bank app and www.orangebank.fr.
(2) SEPA transfer executed at the customer’s request, subject to sufficient funds and following an SMS sent by Orange Bank and upon receipt of the beneficiary’s bank details. See full terms and conditions at www.orangebank.fr.
(3) Subject to device compatibility. Your smartphone must be running iOS 9 or Android 5 (or later).
(4) Subject to conditions and banking regulations. Balance given for information only. See full terms and conditions at www.orangebank.fr.
(5) Temporary block. Unblocking by the customer. Objection necessary in the case of any loss. See full terms and conditions at www.orangebank.fr.