Your questions, our answers
It is a privileged appointment with the shareholders, which allows them to meet the company executives and to vote on the resolutions that are submitted to them.
Three kinds of Shareholders' Meeting exist:
- the Ordinary Shareholders' Meeting is held once a year, in the six months following the financial year closing. It allows the shareholders to approve the accounts of the past year, and, if any, the amount of the dividend proposed by the Board of directors. The Shareholders can also vote on the appointment of new administrators and on the current events of the Group.
- the Extraordinary Shareholders' Meeting is held one either several times a year to make decisions dealing, in particular, with the Bylaws of the company or its capital.
- the Combined Shareholders' Meeting takes place when both legal types of Meetings (ordinary and extraordinary) are held at the same moment.
Shareholders can send their written questions 4 working days before the Shareholders' Meeting at the latest. The certificate of participation (provided by the financial intermediary) must be attached to the letter or email.
Two possibilities are offered to the shareholders:
- by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- by registered letter with recorded delivery:
à l'attention du Président du Conseil d'administration
questions écrites Assemblée générale
78 rue Olivier de Serres
75505 Paris Cedex 15
- The company is legally required to inform shareholders of the date of the Annual Shareholders' Meeting at least 35 days before it takes place, by publishing a pre notification in the French official bulletin of legal notices, the Bulletin des annonces légales obligatoires (BALO). This notice shall include the resolutions which will be presented to a shareholder vote and information on how to take part in the Meeting.
- A notice which sets out the agenda is sent to registered shareholders at least 15 days before the date of the Annual Shareholders' Meeting, and is published at the same time in the BALO and in a French national newspaper.
- Shareholders can also obtain documentation relating to the Annual Shareholders' Meeting on request to the company, or by visiting the 2020 Annual Shareholders' Meeting page.
- Orange informs its shareholders of the date of the Annual Shareholders' Meeting via a specific notice in the French press and on the www.orange.com website.
Please note: due to the Covid-19 pandemic and by exceptional application of ordinance no. 2020-321 of March 25, 2020, the May 19, 2020 Shareholders’ Meeting will be held behind closed doors with no physical presence of the shareholders.
Like previous years, you will find the complete Shareholders’ Meeting webcast on the site: https://oran.ge/2020gm
All shareholders who hold at least one Orange share no later than 2 trading days of stock exchange prior to the Annual Shareholders' Meeting are entitled to vote.
In 2020, due to the Covid-19 sanitary crisis, the Shareholders’ Meeting will be held behind closed doors.
It will not be possible to vote on the Meeting’s day (May 19)
2 types of vote are possible:
Orange offers to its shareholders from April 29, 2020 until May 18, 2020 at 3 pm (CET), a secure e-voting platform, VOTACCESS, in direct access from their securities account.
Find out more about e-voting here.
- by post
Shareholders can return their ballot paper to BNP Paribas Securities Services, Orange's clearing bank, once they have:
- voted on the resolutions
- granted powers to the Chairman
- granted proxy to another person
Please contact your local financial intermediary to check the available procedure.
For each resolution a vote “for”, “against” or “abstain” can be cast, or no vote.
From 2020 “abstention” votes are no longer counted as “against” votes and are excluded from the calculation of the voting result. From now on, only the votes "for" and the votes "against" are taken into account.
A resolution within the Ordinary Shareholders’ Meeting is approved as soon as it wins more than half of “for” votes.
A resolution within the Extraordinary Shareholders’ Meeting is approved as soon as it wins more than two thirds of “for” votes.
It will not be possible to directly ask questions during the Shareholders’ Meeting. In order to maintain dialogue with our shareholders, a dedicated site will be set up on May 12 to collect questions that are not so said written questions. They will be grouped by main themes and will be answered on May 19, 2020 during the Shareholders’ Meeting webcast. The link to this question site will be open from May 12 to 18 and will be available on the Shareholders’ Meeting website: https://oran.ge/2020gm
- by phone :
on 0 800 05 10 10 or 33 1 40 14 80 07 from abroad, from 9 am to 6 pm (CET), Monday to Friday
- by email :
You can reach us by email at email@example.com
- by post :
You can also write to us at the address below :
Orange – Shareholder Relations
BP 10 10
75721 Paris Cedex 15