Engage 2025: our new strategic plan
With the Engage 2025 strategic plan, we are staking our claim as an engaged and committed leader. Our strength lies in reconciling business performance and a sustainable approach with our customers, employees, stakeholders, partners and society in general.
In concrete terms, the Group is reinventing itself by evolving our network operator model, accelerating in growth areas, placing data and AI (Artificial Intelligence) at the heart of our model and co-creating with all our employees a future-facing company.
Our ambition is as strong as our social commitments are firm. And we will never think of one without the other.
Our world is changing very rapidly and people are making their expectations clear wherever they are
Here are just some of the changes we are experiencing:
- From now to 2025, half of the world’s population growth will come from the African continent, while Europe will see a demographic shift to +20% of people over 65.
- 20% of the world’s electricity will be consumed by data.
- 50% of Google searches will be made “by voice”.
- The global mobile payment market has doubled in the last 4 years.
- 67% of people can’t do without the internet or their smartphone.
- One in two people are concerned about personal data hacking.
- 59% of French people think they’ll have to change their lifestyle choices due to climate change (+7 pts vs 2018).
In this changing landscape, digital brings us great power, but also imposes great responsibility. Faced with these challenges, our foundation is solid, because we have been working in the telecoms industry for a very long time and, more broadly, developing digital services. We are recognised for our wide-ranging expertise.
Our previous Essentials2020 strategic plan enabled the Group, thanks to clear strategic choices, to make major advances in growth-enhancing areas: accelerating the deployment of fibre to subscribers; mobile banking; and the rise in IT services for businesses.
With Engage 2025, Orange is capitalising on these strong choices and setting ambitious new targets for 2025 while making a responsible commitment to our employees, customers and society at large.
In 2025, there will be no business performance without social and environmental commitment. As inequalities become increasingly acute and the climate emergency becomes more pressing, society will not accept technological progress if it is not accessible to all and in tune with the environmental plan. That’s why we are making a lasting commitment to the planet and to digital equality, with solid proof points.
Committed to the planet: Orange net zero carbon by 2040
To achieve net zero carbon emissions by 2040, Orange is committed to achieving the following milestones by 2025:
- by 2025, we’ll have reduced our CO2 emissions by 30% compared to 2015,
- by 2025, more than 50% of the Group’s energy will be from renewables (against 18% today,
- by 2025, 100% of Orange-branded products, in particular routers, will be eco-designed.
Committed to digital equality
- set up one Orange Digital Center in each of our regions and operational departments in France, to help excluded populations learn to use digital services,
- deploy an inclusive offer in each European country along the lines of our “Gigas Solidarios” offer in Spain,
- in MEA (Middle East & Africa), Orange will also continue to offer affordable smartphones such as the Sanza phone.
These commitments feed into our strategic plan, which is based on four ambitions.
Our 4 key ambitions for 2025
Reinvent our operator model
- Offer our retail and wholesale customers increased connectivity
- Strengthen our leadership in more open and higher-valued infrastructures
Accelerate in growth areas
- Make Orange the reference digital operator in Africa and the Middle East
- Accelerate IT service development for our B2B customers and scale up cybersecurity
- Continue our expansion in financial services across our footprint
Place data and AI at the heart of our innovation model
- For a reinvented customer experience
- For smarter networks
- For greater operating efficiency
Co-create a future-facing company
- Tackle on the skills challenge
- Become one of the most attractive employers
- Support everyone as part of a responsible transformation.