Orange and Team Vitality are strengthening their partnership until 2021
Orange, a major player and true supporter of esports in France, is re-committing itself to be the main sponsor of Team Vitality, France’s first esports team, until 2021.
The partnership is materialised through:
- The use of the Orange logo on the front of the jersey of approximately fifty professional Team Vitality players, giving Orange visibility in all major tournaments.
- Physical brand activations allowing supporters to meet Team Vitality players throughout France.
- Digital brand activations by putting Rush Esport at the heart of this apparatus, thanks to exclusive content created for the fans.
This partnership allows Orange as well to equip Vitality's Paris offices with Fibre and professional players to train all year round under the best conditions. It also enables the sporting support of more than 50 players, coaches and ambassadors until the end of 2021.
Nicolas Maurer, Chief executive of Team Vitality, states: "We are delighted that Orange is renewing its trust in the team after an incredible first year partnership, during which we managed to exceed all the objectives that have been set with respect to the main areas of communication, business and sports. As with other partners, it was, from now on, important for us to be able to project into the future with our major partner and it is a great satisfaction for Team Vitality to extend this collaboration until 2021. It will allow our club to grow further thanks to the logistical support of the Orange service, especially in our new V.Hive esports venue. The power of this partnership also allows Team Vitality to meet the level of major traditional sport players in France, a priority issue for the development of our sector.”
Gaëlle Le Vu, Director of Communication Orange France adds: "Orange is currently the operator the most involved in the French esports scene. As the leading esports equipment supplier thanks to Fibre, Orange is pursuing its commitment by renewing its partnership with Team Vitality. This partnership continues to form part of a global approach where Orange aims to reach a community that consumes competitive media and entertainment other than through traditional channels.”
A successful first year partnership for Orange and Team Vitality
Sporting results of Team Vitality:
- Participation in the League of Legends World Championship at the end of 2018 (1st French organisation to participate since 2011)
- Rocket League World Champion
- Orange e-ligue 1 Champion
- FIFA eClub World Cup Vice-Champion in 2019
Physical brand activations between Orange and Team Vitality
- 3 meetings with supporters in the Orange store network throughout France (Lyon-Montpellier-Paris)
- Attendance of Team Vitality teams on the Orange stage at the Paris Games Week
Digital brand activations report
- 3M organic views cumulated on the original Orange branded content produced by Team Vitality with an average completion rate of 80%.
- 2.5M organic views and 90K likes on the video “Prank Gotaga”.
About Team Vitality:
Founded in 2013 by Fabien Devide and Nicolas Maurer, Team Vitality is one France’s best teams considering its many titles. Represented by the biggest brands (adidas, Orange, Red Bull, Renault...), the team has participated in more than 1000 competitions and has stood atop 250 podiums around the world. After raising a total of 34 million euros from the entrepreneur, businessman and philanthropist Mr. Tej Kohli, Team Vitality continues to structure itself and now employs more than 100 people.
Orange is one of the world’s leading telecommunications operators with sales of 41 billion euros in 2018 and 148,000 employees worldwide at 30 September 2019, including 88,000 employees in France. The Group has a total customer base of 268 million customers worldwide at 30 September 2019, including 209 million mobile customers and 21million fixed broadband customers. The Group is present in 26 countries. Orange is also a leading provider of global IT and telecommunication services to multinational companies, under the brand Orange Business Services. In December 2019, the Group presented its new "Engage 2025" strategic plan, which, guided by social and environmental accountability, aims to reinvent its operator model. While accelerating in growth areas and placing data and AI at the heart of its innovation model, the Group will be an attractive and responsible employer, adapted to emerging professions.
Orange is listed on Euronext Paris (symbol ORA) and on the New York Stock Exchange (symbol ORAN).
Orange and any other Orange product or service names included in this material are trademarks of Orange or Orange Brand Services Limited.