Chief Executive Officer of the Orange group
Christel Heydemann was appointed Chief Executive Officer of the Orange Group on 4 April 2022.
She began her career in 1997 at Boston Consulting Group. In 1999, she joined Alcatel where she was entrusted with a range of roles and responsibilities, specifically in the context of the merger of Alcatel and Lucent.
In 2008, she was appointed to Alcatel-Lucent’s Executive Committee as Sales Director for France and promoted in 2011 as Director of Human Resources and Transformation.
In 2014, Christel Heydemann joined Schneider Electric as the Director of Strategic Alliances before being appointed as Senior Vice President Corporate Strategy & Alliances in 2016. In April 2017 she becomes Executive Vice President of Schneider Electric France and subsequently Executive Vice President Europe Operations in May 2021. She was also a member of the Executive Committee of Schneider Electric until the beginning of 2022.
Christel Heydemann is now CEO of the Orange Group, having been a member of the Board of Directors since 2017.
She graduated from the Ecole Polytechnique (France, 1994) and the Ecole Nationale des Ponts et Chaussées (France).
Follow Christel Heydemann on social media
Recent press statements by Christel Heydemann
- Orange CEO on telco investment needs and consolidation (CNBC - June 14)
- The Future of the electronic communications sector; towards a European success story? (Euractiv - June 8, 2023)
- Orange CEO hits out at European landscape (Mobile World Live - February 27, 2023)
- “Con la fusión vamos a crear en España un competidor más fuerte para Telefónica” (El País - Oct 2, 2022)
- Orange CEO courts the enterprise sector and sends sustainability warning (Telecom TV - Sept 27, 2022)
- Resilient Orange maintains guidance for 2022 (Mobile World Live - July 28, 2022)
- Orange and MasMovil make $19bn merger official (Capacity - July 25, 2022)
- Orange-MasMovil tie-up tests regulatory waters (Telecoms.com - July 25, 2022)
- Capgemini and Orange announce that Bleu will start engaging with customers by the end of 2022 (Telecom TV - June 22, 2022)
- Orange on hunt for disruptive start-ups (Mobile World Live - June 15, 2022)