Orange solutions for the Alba Iulia Smart City 2018 project
- Wi-Fi hotspots provide secure Internet access in public areas such as bus hub stations, train stations, schools, and universities.
- 15 transport lines managed by the public transport authority in Alba Iulia, equipped with secure Wi-Fi for travelers and real-time access to information regarding location, speed, and direction available to local authorities.
- A solution for communicating with residents via Wi-Fi hotspots and the e-alba iulia application. These are an integral part of the e-democracy initiative for the city, through which people can give feedback to the City Hall regarding local issues.
Using the data generated generated with the City Analytics solution (FullScreen Digital, Innovation Labs 2014 winner) to optimize the flow of pedestrian and vehicle traffic.
- A LoRa WAN infrastructure to connect applications and connected objects.
- A solution for measuring air quality: uRadMonitor provides information on the level of pollution in the city and its surrounding area.
- Promote tourism through 250 beacons (Zoniz) installed in 225 popular locations (museums, the university, the city center, restaurants, statues, cathedrals, etc.) to facilitate interaction between these places and people. With a user friendly interface through e-alba iulia application.
- Management of public lighting via 100 devices provided by the company FlashNet on street lamps to remotly monitor and control the light intensity and schedule. This will also provide real-time information on public electricity consumption and alterts for malfunctionning lamps
- A smart management system for public water distribution thanks to 50 connected devices that will provide alerts and real-time information on public water consumption.
- Secure access to all components of the platform and permanent monitoring via the Business Internet Security platform.
- Through the “Innovation Labs 2017” start-up acceleration program, developers will be able to create new solutions and applications for the city, using the open data available through the platform.
- A solution through which residents can announce infrastructure or public service issues (Civic Alert). Alerts' status can be tracked in real time on the city hall’s website.
- A digital classroom containing devices like tablets, digital educational content, and resources, as well as a digital classbook. Internet access will be provided via secure and filtered Wi-Fi.