Today, ARCEP published the results of its annual survey on the quality of French telecoms operators’ mobile services and confirmed for the ninth consecutive time that Orange has the best mobile network in France1.
Orange is ranked 1st and/or joint 1st for voice, SMS, and mobile internet with 227 criteria out of the 238 published: 1st and/or joint 1st for 99 out of 100 voice/SMS criteria and for 128 out of 138 mobile internet criteria.
An in previous years, the results show that Orange continues to offer its customers the best quality of service on the market and reaffirms its leading role in the lives of French people:
- No. 1 for network quality for voice, SMS and mobile internet
- No. 1 for SMS and web browsing in transport (TGV, Intercités, RER, Transilien, and TER trains, the metro and on roads)
- No. 1 in dense and intermediate zones
- No. 1 for streaming HD video on YouTube
- No. 1 for file transfers
- 80% of calls lasting 2 minutes are of perfect quality, representing the best quality of service on the market.
These results are the fruit of all the expertise of the women and men at Orange who work every day to optimise the network across the whole chain and provide our customers with the best quality of service. For mobile internet speeds in rural zones, Orange has made remarkable progress increasing speeds from 14 Mb/s in 2018 to 27 Mb/s2 in 2019.
This leadership once again illustrates Orange’s commitment to deploying and maintaining its networks to provide the entire French population with an excellent quality of service right across the country.
1 According to the Arcep survey assessing mainland mobile operators’ quality of service - October 2019.The data is freely available on data.gouv.fr.
2 Download speed