Executive Director Finance, Performance and Development
Ramon Fernandez joined Orange on 1 September 2014 as Deputy CEO and Group Chief Financial and Strategy Officer. Since 2 May 2018, he has held the position of Deputy CEO – Finance, Performance and Development, Europe.
Ramon Fernandez is also Chairman of the Board of Orange Bank, member of the Boards of Orange Morocco and Orange Middle East and Africa, and member of the Supervisory Boards of Orange Polska, Orange Belgium, Iris Capital Management SAS, Euronext NV and Heuler Hermes SA.
He started his career in the French Treasury Department before joining the International Monetary Fund in Washington (1997 to 1999). He returned to the French Treasury, where he went on to hold a number of influential positions in different areas, culminating in 2009 in his position as Director General of the Treasury, Chairman of the AFT, and Chairman of the Paris Club.
During this time, Mr Fernandez was also Advisor to the Minister of the Economy, Finance and Industry (2002 -2003) and to the President of the French Republic (2007 -2008). In 2008, he was appointed Chief of Staff to the Minister of Labor, Social Relations, Family and Solidarity (2008 -2009).
Mr Fernandez is a graduate of the Institut d’Études Politiques in Paris (1988) and the École Nationale d’Administration (1993).
Latest opinions from Ramon Fernandez
- Orange CFO capturing value of telco’s ecosystem (Financial Director - December 15, 2020)
- Orange sees convergence as critical path to digital services provision (TelecomTV - January 27, 2020)
- RAN sharing and convergence juice up Orange for 2020 (Computer Weekly - January 27, 2020)
- Mobile Mix: Orange turns to green (Mobile World Live - January 24, 2020)
- Orange Europe to launch fibre and tower Co’s in 2020 (Capacity - January 23, 2020)
- Orange backs RAN sharing for climate impact (Mobile World Live - January 23, 2020)
- Romania leads Orange 5G charge (Mobile World Live - November 5, 2019)
- Orange eyes huge revenue boost in MEA (Mobile World Live - June 21, 2019)
- CFOs Overhaul Performance Measures in Response to New Accounting Rules (The Wall Street Journal - May 2, 2019)
- A new era is coming with 5G, Orange CFO says (CNBC - February 26, 2019)