Executive Director Finance, Performance and Development
Ramon Fernandez joined Orange on the 1st of September 2014 as Deputy CEO and Group Chief Financial and Strategy Officer. Since May 2nd, 2018, he is Deputy CEO – Finance, Performance and Europe.
Ramon Fernandez is Chairman of the Board of Orange Bank, member of the Boards of Orange Belgium, Orange Middle East and Africa, and member of the Supervisory Boards of Orange Polska SA, Buy In, Iris Capital Management SAS, Euronext NV.
Mr Fernandez is a graduate of the Institut d’Études Politiques in Paris (1988) and the École Nationale d’Administration (1993).
He spent two years with the International Monetary Fund in Washington (1997 to 1999) before returning home to the French Treasury, where he had briefly worked after he graduated. This time, he went on to hold a number of important positions in different areas.
Mr Fernandez was also Advisor to the Minister of the Economy, Finance and Industry (2002 -2003) and to the President of the French Republic (2007 -2008). In 2008, he was appointed Chief of Staff to the Minister of Labour, Social Relations, Family and Solidarity (2008 -2009).
Mr Fernandez arrived at Orange from his former position as Director General of the French Treasury, which he had held since 2009.
Latest opinions from Ramon Fernandez
- Orange CFO capturing value of telco’s ecosystem (Financial Director - December 15, 2020)
- Orange sees convergence as critical path to digital services provision (TelecomTV - January 27, 2020)
- RAN sharing and convergence juice up Orange for 2020 (Computer Weekly - January 27, 2020)
- Mobile Mix: Orange turns to green (Mobile World Live - January 24, 2020)
- Orange Europe to launch fibre and tower Co’s in 2020 (Capacity - January 23, 2020)
- Orange backs RAN sharing for climate impact (Mobile World Live - January 23, 2020)
- Romania leads Orange 5G charge (Mobile World Live - November 5, 2019)
- Orange eyes huge revenue boost in MEA (Mobile World Live - June 21, 2019)
- CFOs Overhaul Performance Measures in Response to New Accounting Rules (The Wall Street Journal - May 2, 2019)
- A new era is coming with 5G, Orange CFO says (CNBC - February 26, 2019)