Stéphane Richard, born in 1961, has been Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Orange SA since March 1, 2011.
He joined the Orange group in September 2009 and, since then, has successively fulfilled the roles of Deputy Managing Director in charge of French Operations, Delegate CEO and, from March 1, 2010, CEO. Between 1992 and 2003, Stéphane Richard was appointed deputy to the CFO of Compagnie Générale des Eaux, CEO of Compagnie Immobilière Phénix and Chairman of CGIS (Compagnie Générale d’Immobilier et de Services), now Nexity. From 2003 to 2007, he joined Veolia as Deputy Managing Director of Veolia Environnement and CEO of Veolia Transport, before becoming a director of Orange SA. From 2007 to 2009, Stéphane Richard was Chief of Staff to the French Minister for the Economy, Industry and Employment.
Stéphane Richard is a graduate of École des Hautes Etude Commerciales (HEC) and École Nationale d’Administration (ENA). He is a Knight of the French Legion of Honor. He is a French national.
From January 2019 to January 2022, he has also served as Chair of the GSMA.
Latest opinions from Stéphane Richard
- 5G is a revolution’ that will benefit society, says Orange CEO (CNBC - June 28, 2021)
- Six Sustainable Development Goals for Orange (LinkedIn - 27th October 2020)
- The European Green Deal: a digital perspective (LinkedIn - 5th June 2020)
- Orange becomes first big European telecoms group to cut dividend (Financial Times - 17th April 2020)
- Coronavirus: More than one million people fled Paris area as lockdown began, phone data suggests (The Independent - 27th March 2020)
- Mobile, more essential than ever for our humanity (LinkedIn - 17 April 2020)
- Orange CEO: Telecom Supply Chain at Risk (Light reading - October 23, 2019)
- Orange's CEO on telecoms, trust and responsibilties (Mobile Europe - 23 October 2019)
- 3 reasons why most Africans aren't on the internet – and how to connect them (World Economic Forum - 27 August 2019)
- Orange will launch non-commercial 5G services with industry first (Mobile Europe - 23 April 2019)