Our mission: to offer an attractive content proposition and unique TV experience today, while creating a great tomorrow.
Content services and distribution has been an essential component of our multi-service strategy for more than 15 years. Our ambition is to maintain and develop our role as a content super-aggregator so that we can continue to take a central place in the ever-evolving entertainment sector.
We are committed to offering diverse, high-quality content, available any time, at home and on the move, across all networks and platforms. With our 12 million TV customers, powerful networks, and presence in Europe, Africa, and the Middle East, we are an essential partner for multiple players in the world of content.
Our content strategy is mainly based on developing partnerships with rights holders and service providers, positioning us as a super-aggregator and distributor of content.
Content as a field of innovation and tool for enhancing our networks
Because our networks allow us to transmit ever more data, they open the path to groundbreaking new experiences both on fixed networks with fiber and on mobile networks with 4G and 5G. Content also contributes to developing innovation and enhancing our networks, such as with AR/VR, which illustrates the ever increasing possibilities offered by 5G.
Orange Content, primary umbrella for Orange’s content strategy
Orange Content aims to be the reference entity for all countries where the Group is present.
Already established in 26 countries, our ambition is to meet our customers’ entertainment needs on all screens across all our operating countries. Orange Content teams work hand in hand with countries to develop their convergence strategy (5G and fiber) along with their core business, helping to enriching our customers’ experience around the world. Our ambition is to meet our customers’ entertainment needs on all screens and across all of our operating countries.
Created in 2017, Orange Content brings together several resources and 3 business activities:
Orange Studio, co-production studio for films and series.
OCS, premium service films and series.
Orange Prestations TV, broadcasting platform for Orange TV.
Orange Content also looks after service acquisitions on behalf of the entire Group (OCS, VOD services) and negotiates the programming for multi-territory SVOD and TV services with third parties.
Our international strategy
In Europe, we’re continuing to pursue the following strategy:
- prioritize the widest possible distribution of the best content offers on the market to satisfy customer needs.
- invest in shortened release dates for films and series.
- promote the development of new uses through innovative experiences.
In Africa and the Middle East, digitalization is helping to drive strategic development and Orange Content is continuing to partner with major local players.
As the European leader in 4G, 5G and first European operator for fiber (FTTH or Fiber to the Home), we’re taking advantage of ever faster connectivity in the home to further develop our content distribution activities, which now encompasses nearly 12 million TV customers across the continent. Orange Content teams help countries develop their core business and convergence offers (5G, fiber) and in local negotiations with rights holders.
In Africa and Middle East, content activities are central to our multi-service strategy along with our position as a key partner in the continent’s digital transformation.
Producing ever more local content and deploying Pay TV are key areas supporting this digital transformation.
Orange, a committed partner in film
A long-standing partner of French and European film
Orange works closely with the French and European film industry through our Orange Studio and OCS subsidiary, particularly in:
- Co-production (Orange Studio)
- Financing (Orange Studio) – supporting more than 240 films in 15 years and acquiring a catalog of more than 1,200 titles since 2007
- Purchase or pre-purchase of films (OCS) – promoting French and European film production
A significant investment in the co-production of series and the creation of a new label: OCS Originals
In July 2017, we announced a €100 million investment over 5 years to co-produce and purchase a variety of ambitious TV series through our Orange Studio and OCS subsidiaries alongside renowned French, European, and international partners. This investment meets our objective of securing a rich and diverse supply of TV series, by strengthening our position throughout the value chain, both upstream with Orange Studio and downstream with OCS. This commitment also allows us to maintain distribution rights to optimize our investments made via our subsidiary, Orange Studio.
The example of this investment, the OCS Originals mini-series Name of the Rose, was distributed via OCS in March 2019. During 2020, two new original productions joined the OCS catalog: Devils and Cheyenne & Lola. At the end of 2021, Opera was exclusively distributed via OCS. Since then, Orange Studio and OCS have coproduced many new French series under the OCS Originals label including Les Sentinelles and more recently Opera Season 2.
OCS, unique entertainment for fans of film and TV
Over the past decade, OCS has invested €408 million in 360 films working with nearly 200 different production houses.
The commitment to invest €60 million over 3 years (2022-2024) in French and European film production follows the signing of a new agreement in February 2022. Along with the agreement on media chronology, this enables us to offer French, European and non-European films to our 2.9 million subscribers on an exclusive basis 6 months after their cinema release.
- Exclusive film premieres just 6 months after their cinema release
- New series less than 24 hours after their broadcast in the United States
- New HBO series, plus all exclusive HBO movies and series
- OCS Signature series, the label for original and daring French series, produced by OCS
- OCS Originals series: the label for series co-produced by Orange Studio and distributed via OCS
- Documentaries and current affairs programs about film and TV
- OCS on demand: available 30 days after their first broadcast, as well as continuous access to the HBO catalog
- And recently, a brand new interface that enables a more immersive OCS experience through 5.1 surround sound, recommendations, credits skips and episode sequences
Dedicated to the co-production, acquisition, distribution and international sale of films and series, Orange Studio was created in 2007. It enables us to continue to strengthen our commitment to film production through:
- Production of French films, ranging from art-house films screened at festivals around the world to popular comedies (around 200 films co-produced, distributed or sold in France and/or internationally since the studio launched in 2007)
- A catalog of 1,200 film titles sold in France and abroad, which we co-produced or hold the rights to
- Co-production of acclaimed series: L’Opéra seasons 1 and 2, Fahrenheit, Les Sentinelles, Cheyenne et Lola…
Recently, Orange Studio has co-produced: The Father directed by Florian Zeller (2 Oscars 2021), La Belle Époque directed by Nicolas Bedos, Hidden Life directed by Terrence Malick, and Adieu Monsieur Haffman directed by Fred Cavayé. These films have not only proved popular among viewers, but they have also won awards at numerous festivals and prestigious awards ceremonies.
This programming underlines our ambition to bring powerful and varied subjects to the screen:
- Historical films: Le Tigre et Le Président by Jean-Marc Peyrefitte
- Comedy: Les Femmes du Square by Julien Rambaldi
- Drama: The Son by Florian Zeller
- Dramatic comedy: C’est magnifique! by Clovis Cornillac
- Crime thriller: Le Parfum Vert by Nicolas Pariser
- Family: Mon chat et moi, la grande aventure de Rroû by Guillaume Maidatchevsky